How to Reduce Puffy Eyes
Learn more about what causes puffy eyes.
We all wake up with a little puffiness in the morning. This is temporary and puffy eyes tend to fade over the course of the day. You can do a few things to kick-start a fresh-looking face, just as how you jump start your energy with that cup of Joe. This article will provide quick tidbits for reducing puffiness and keeping them at bay. Kiss those puffy eyes goodbye.
How to Reduce Puffy Eyes in the Morning
Have and important meeting or presentation coming up? If you find yourself in a dilemma to look your absolute best, try these methods for reducing puffiness instantly. After all, image is everything.
- Apply a cold compress when you wake up or use a cold spoon to get rid of the puffiness
- Apply a cold eye serum after your daily shower
- Tap the puffiness under eyes lightly with your fingers to reduce the pooling of fluid
How to Reduce Puffy Eyes Naturally
There are natural methods for reducing and avoiding puffiness altogether including:
- Try changing the way you sleep. Shift to lying on your back, with elevated pillows to prevent the pooling of liquid under your eyes.
- Use what's in your cabinet: Shea Butter, Aloe Vera or Green Tea Extract are great remedies for reducing the appearance of puffy eyes.
- Drink six to eight glasses of water daily to replenish dehydrated skin.
Herbs That Reduce Swollen and Puffy Eyes
- Cucumber Extract - known for its calming properties, Cucumber is a cool reliever of baggy eyes. Prepare two slices and use for ten minutes. This method is more effective when it's cold. The cucumber has been used for centuries in eye care beauty. It also makes the area brighter than before.
- Green Tea Extract - Chinese medicine uses this herb to naturally reduce puffiness. It contains antioxidants to rejuvenate the skin and increase blood flow. It has been used for centuries to cure several illnesses including headache, poor digestion, and improving one's health. So it comes as no shock that Green Tea Extract is a great answer for dark circles. This is because it's rich in Bioflavonoids, which fight free radicals and improve the look of your skin.
- Shea Butter - This smooth, silky butter originates from the Shea Butter Tree and is one of beauty's best secrets. It has natural properties to reduce inflammation and tone the skin.
Count On the Many Ways for Reducing Puffiness
You've seen that choices abound when it comes to reducing eye puffiness. One of the simplest and most effective ways for reducing puffiness is with an eye serum. Don't buy just any eye serum either. Choose one that is well-credited and has been given honest reviews. Also, storing the eye serum in the fridge makes it more effective than if it were to be stored at room temperature.